Lone Star College
Construction Trades Grants
Rebuild Houston is part of the National Dislocated Worker Grant developed in response to significant job losses resulting from Hurricane Harvey. Rebuild Houston is focused on the jobs needed to create temporary employment opportunities to assist with the clean-up and recovery efforts in the Construction Trades industry.
Rebuild Houston is providing grant funding for tuition, books, work shirts and uniforms for the Lone Star College certificate programs listed below. Registration for the Summer 2018 semester (May-August) begins March 1st. More Info.
- Individuals who are temporarily or permanently dislocated from work because of the covered disaster.
- Individuals who are long-term unemployed. “Long-term unemployed” is defined as unemployed and searching for employment for 10 weeks or more.
- Self-employed individuals who become unemployed or significantly underemployed because of the emergency disaster.
- Other eligible individuals who qualify as dislocated workers under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) those who:
- Are receiving or are eligible to receive unemployment benefits
- Have a layoff letter
- Have exhausted unemployment benefits
- Are a veteran discharged under honorable conditions within the last 48 months
OSHA 10/ 30 for Construction
OSHA 24 – Hazwoper
First Line-Supervision & Project