Eligible Hurricane Harvey survivors receiving Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) may receive an extension to stay in hotels beyond March 12 as they continue working toward a permanent housing solution before the temporary program ends.
- March 12 – Last day of eligibility under current extension period
- April 2 – Eligibility review of all survivors remaining in TSA
- April 23 – End of approved extension period for those approved beyond April 2
Disaster survivors participating in TSA will receive a phone call, email and/or text message advising them if they have continued eligibility for assistance through a participating hotel.
Survivors in hotels who are unsure of their continued TSA eligibility can:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711 or VRS) or 800-462-7585 (TTY).
- Log into their account on disasterassistance.gov/.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC); for DRC locations and hours go to fema.gov/DRC.
- Ask the hotel to look in the lodging web portal to see whether they have eligibility beyond the current checkout date of March 13.