FEMA News Release Issued March 7, 2018
TRANSITIONAL SHELTERING ASSISTANCE
Eligible Hurricane Harvey survivors receiving Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) may receive an extension to stay in hotels beyond March 12 as they continue working toward a permanent housing solution before the temporary program ends.
- March 12 – Last day of eligibility under current extension period
- April 2 – Eligibility review of all survivors remaining in TSA
- April 23 – End of approved extension period for those approved beyond April 2
Disaster survivors participating in TSA will receive a phone call, email and/or text message advising them if they have continued eligibility for assistance through a participating hotel.
Survivors in hotels who are unsure of their continued TSA eligibility can:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711 or VRS) or 800-462-7585 (TTY).
- Log into their account on disasterassistance.gov/.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC); for DRC locations and hours go to fema.gov/DRC.
- Ask the hotel to look in the lodging web portal to see whether they have eligibility beyond the current checkout date of March 13.